If you are worried about the hassle of moving, consider this: If you are prepared, what is left to worry about? Here are some things that can make your big move not seem so big!
A FEW WEEKS PRIOR TO THE MOVE:
- Before packing everything, set aside items you no longer need or use. A garage sale can turn your unwanted items into cash in your pocket!
- Gather your moving supplies ahead of time. You can purchase moving supplies like packing tape, bubble wrap, and boxes.
- If you are NOT moving yourself, get estimates from local moving companies.
- If you are moving yourself and don’t own a truck and trailer, moving truck rentals are available and much better suited for the job. Call around for availability and compare rates.
A FEW DAYS BEFORE MOVING:
- Disassemble any furniture that can be taken apart to save space.
- Get an “OPEN FIRST” box ready for all essentials you will need at once.
- Make sure to clearly mark all boxes where they go and what is inside.
- Once you’re done packing and stacking, you can start the cleaning process.
- Verify your moving arrangements with the movers, or the rental truck company.
- Fill out forwarding address card with your post office.
- Call the utility companies to set up shut off dates. Advise them to set up start dates at your new home beginning on closing day.
- Check all closets, cabinets, and rooms to make sure you have everything.
- Give your keys and garage door openers to your realtor or title company.
- take out any trash.
- Carry your valuables and important documents with you in your vehicle.
We are always here for you. Our goal is to build a relationship with you. Keep that in mind, and don’t hesitate to call us for help. This is something we are very good at doing!